Skip to content

Trip to San Francisco: Day three Part Two

Where was I…?

Oh yeah.

So we walked down to 2nd Street from our Hotel, along the way I took some pictures and we saw some things:

Sirr, please move

This guy spoiled this picture.

There are some stainless steel looking shrooms back there.

This was some sort of open-air art exhibit in a back alley.

We saw this in between 3rd and 2nd.
Don't go, Metal Lady!

We were getting ready to cross 3rd when I saw this metal lady up on the building accross the street.

I used the grid to make sure she only occupied one ninth of the screeen (for cropping later)

For you though, you get to see the whole picture.

Accross the street there were a couple of neat pieces
People "in Spired"

These were at the corner; I snapped a couple shots to make sure I remembered them.

After a long walk, we came to the office that we would be spending the next 8 hours inside of.  Sigh.

I took these pictures from the balcony during a break:
Constructive View
If I had been luckier, I might have caught the blue angels buzzing all the homeless in the Bay Area.

At 4PM we left the office and proceeded to be stymied in our escape plans by an uncooperative Parking Ticket machine. (We were getting a ride with another co-worker, thus the car)

Our Party had grown to 4 members and as we crested the exit from the car park we were prevented from proceeding by a large line of cars.  One of us (Renatta) had to get her bags, but they were in a hotel in the other direction, and the traffic looked like it would stop us.

She got out and walked over to her hotel; we promised to turn around and come get her.  After 10 minuites we had moved about 5 feet and Curtis got out to go get Renatta; as it seemed like she would have to wait a long time.

Eventually Renatta and Curtis ran after us and caught us as we started to move.

We boldly ignored a no-right turn sign that looked out of date and we were off, 20 minutes later we were in a rail car and heading into the terminal.
Good Bye San Francisco
The Terminal was busy and even the express check-in had a line.

In what was a giant breach of security (but now that I think of it not really) I was let into the securtiy line without photo ID.

(I was wearing it on my throat on a lanyard… D’oh)

I stripped off my suspenders and organized my crap into the containers…

hmmm.. I just looked for my ID lanyard and failed….I wonder where it is?

Anyway; we passed through Security and went for food (and Beer!)

I had Amstel Lights (something easy to down) and ordered a crab appetizer and fish and chips as my entree.  The Crab was ROTTEN!  Horrible, sickening.  I spit it into my napkin and sent it back. Ugh.

The Fish in the Fish and chips was not much better, it had a “potato-y” consistency.

I ate, we talked, we had a good time waiting to go to our gate (which chaged while we were eating)

The Flight was delayed.

I ended up sitting amongst a woman and her two daughters (two more were waiting in Eugene) and listening to their drama on the way up and down.  Much to my surprise, the “youngest” was older than me and had four kids!  The other two daughters were even younger.

This blew away Renatta and I.

I said my goodbeyes, got in a taxi (VIP Taxi in Eugene, use them when you are in town)  and headed home.

The house was spotless clean when I got home and we opened my Birthdat Presents.

It was a long day; which I’ve only really recovered from in the last little while.

Good Trip overall.


Published inRandom Stuff