I came home tonight, spent some time with “TheSpawn” and tried to share one of the great thrills of my childhood “Return of the Jedi” but she was only really interested in “Empire”
No Joke. She said that she’d rather watch Empire (It’s a down ending, and that’s what life is daddy. A series of Down Endings)
okay, she didn’t say the last part, she just can’t wait to see the big “Reveal Scene” in Empire.
I had been waiting to see this version of Jedi again for ages (I bought the DVD collection last year and was crestfallen about the changes to things I remembered so well. Being able to watch the “crappy original” was manna to me)
After she went to bed (she watched the climax and ending of Jedi, but wasn’t really into it; I had a nap.
It was a 2 and a half hour nap, filled with the kind of vivid dreams one only gets when one is not in a deep enough sleep to get total rest, but a deep enough one for REM sleep to come on. Some highlights:
1) Driving a very tall mobile platform through a swamp.
2) Sneaking into some building and operating a pirate radio station, then trying to hide from the owners.
3) Picking up friends to go out to some social event.
4) A long form riff on the behavior of wealthy kids.
5) Some sort of post-war malaise.
I think that the TV (on in the room) was affecting what I dreamed about.
It was a good nap, but I’m still tired and I’ll be back in bed soon.