Dear Kevin Wardrop,
It may surprise you receiving this letter from me, since there was no previous correspondence between us.My name is Mr. Venu Nair, Malaysian national and personal Attorney to Late Mr. Morris Wardrop, who passed away on the 11th of November 2001 as a result of a deadly heart disease.
I am contacting you to assist me in securing the fund left behind by my late client, before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where the funds was depositted.The total amount of funds in the account of my deceased client is US$ 9.7 Million (Nine Million, Seven Hundred Thousand United States dollars Only).
The Bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin/beneficiary to my late client or have the account declared unseviceable.Hence, I am contacting you to seek your consent in presenting you as the next-of-kin/beneficiary to my late client,since you have the same last name.This will enable the proceeds of this account to be paid to you as the legitimate beneficiary/next of kin.Upon conclusion of this transaction, 40% of the total sum will be yours for your honest committment and positive contributions to enhance the success of this transaction,while the remaining 60% will be mine.
All the legal documentations to back up claims as the deceased’s next-of-kin will be provided by me. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through.This intended transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any infraction of the law.
Kindly note: If this business proposition offends your moral ethics,do accept my sincere apology,but if on the other hand you deem it fit to assist me,kindly contact me via email:as soon as you can for further details.
Mr Venu Nair.
There are a couple things wrong with this email. I am not the next of Kin for any Wardrop, save my Mother, Father, Sister and immediate family. My DAD might be, but there are a long line of actual Wardrops that should be first. In addition, beyond the name, my actual Family is McKay/Wardrop on my Dad’s side and Clark/Greczenko on my Mum’s Side. I think there is some McGuiness in there. By Strict descent I think we are Wardrops, but of the English/Royal Court line (James Wardrop is our proginator AFAIK). However, we have zero contact with other Wardrops and are not heirs to any Wardrop anything.
Which sucks, for if I was an heir I’d get a registered letter; not an email.